Theory has always been a brand that I love. The brand has always produced garments that last and endure. I find that my Theory pieces are always made of luxurious materials and with attention to detail not found in other direct-to-consumer basic brands.
Theory wants to be the brand that you will go-to for all ages, and the destination where you can expect a lot from your clothes: quality, luxury, and ease. We need brands like this given the year we are having and the amount of time we have spent working from home.
This holiday season Theory has focused on seeking out new ways of connecting with loved ones in a world where we can not be physically together. They are hoping that this inspiration will encourage their customers to do the same.
Theory started early, with Giving Tuesday celebration as part of the brand’s Theory for Good initiative. Theory for good is a platform that houses the brand’s conscious commitment to making a positive impact by creating sustainable solutions for our products, people, and the planet. Giving Tuesday immediately follows the biggest shopping weekends of the year, and provides a time for those who indulged in holiday gift shopping a chance to shop for a cause.
On December 1st Theory launched a limited-edition unisex t-shirt in partnership with Girl Up: shop the limited editor tee Theory x Girl Up tee. For everyone one sold, Theory is donating a percentage of proceeds to Girl Up in continued support of its mission to improve gender equality and social change. Theory has partnered with Girl Up throughout the year amid key moments to shed light on the important work of the organization to help advance gender equality, give girls a voice, and empower the next generation.
Theory also wants to make shopping for gifts easier this year with their newly launched Theory at Your Service Program.
The following services are offered to Theory Customers:
The Theory Edit
Personal styling for an exceptional wardrobe. Enjoy Theory’s risk-free at-home try-on service from the comfort of your home. Your receive a selection of their latest styles that are selected just for you and then they are delivered straight to your door. You get to keep the pieces that you love and return the ones that you don’t. Plus there is no additional cost for the returns. Only pay for what you keep.
How It Works
- A Theory stylist will connect with you to outline your fit, style preferences, and wardrobe needs and curate a selection of styles accordingly.
- Your personalized edit will be delivered to your home via same-day or second-day service. You have 14 days to decide what to keep or return.
- If you’d like to keep everything in the box, there is no action required. Theory will automatically charge your credit card on the 14th day.
- If you’d like to return an item, it must be dropped off at your nearest Theory store or sent to Theory and postmarked by the 14th day to avoid incurring charges. Theory will only charge your credit card for the items you keep.
- Customers receive 15% off their first Theory Edit order
By Appointment & Virtual Styling
This might be my favorite service, you get to work one-on-one with a Theory Stylist to receive a personal shopping experience virtually. How much easier can it be? The stylist will recommend pieces that meet your needs and wants. These appointments can take place on Google Hangout, FaceTime, and Zoom, all the apps that we have been using to conduct our business meetings and distance learning. It makes you feel like a celebrity that you are the only one being styled.
If you are able to go into a store, then you can also book a one-on-one private appointment with a Theory Stylist to receive a personal shopping experience in-store. You can simply go to your local store page and book a session. While all stores may not be doing this now, it is a wonderful idea for the future.
What better gift to give that special person in your life than a gift card from Theory.
- Standard and digital gift cards can be purchased in denominations of up to $1,000.
- E-gift cards are sent directly to the recipient’s inbox, making them the perfect last-minute purchase.
- E-Gift Cards can be purchased here — https://theory.cashstar.com/store/recipient?locale=en-us
- Physical gift cards can be purchased in all stores
Now, this is an innovative idea. Simply select an item from Theory’s site to send to a friend via email, they choose their size and color preference (or exchange it for something of equal value), and we ship it. I am always worried about getting the wrong size or color, this take the guesswork out of that and they get something that they love
- Digital opportunity to send a gift item to someone of the customer’s choosing
- SmartGift helps to turn your gifting inspiration into reality. By choosing to send someone a SmartGift, gift recipients can pick their size or color, eliminating gift exchanges and returns later.
- Step 1: Select an item to send to a giftee. This is communicated to the recipient over email.
- Step 2: The recipient can select their preferred size and color of each gift item or swap across the original gift brand’s catalog for a same-priced item.
- Step 3: Theory sends the gift giver a payment link to Theory.com once the gift has been accepted.
- Every item on Theory.com is tagged with SmartGift functionality.
What I love about this brand is that they are continuing to be innovative. They having taken this hard time and pivoted to program that can help their customers shop with ease and security.
Do you own any Theory pieces? Let me know what you think about it.